Del Rèbene – Flink Camenère Wine Veneto IGT 2021
Flink is a word of Germanic/Cimbra origin, meaning “light, agile” like the gustatory notes of this wine. A young and carefree interpretation of Carmenere, which nonetheless confirms the determined and persistent character of the grape
- GRAPES: 100% Carmenère
- HARVEST: manual in mid-October
- VINEYARDS: our propety in the municipality of Zovencedo, 300 meters above sea level facing south.
- TRAINING SYSTEM: Guyot, 4000/4500 plants per hectar
- AVERAGE YIELD: 50 ql per hectar
- SOIL: Red clay and marine limestone
- ALCOHOL: 11,5 %
- Ph: 3,4
- Total acidity: 5,6
- Dry extract: 23,6
- Longevity: 10 years
It starts with a raspberry flavor and closes with hints of spices and herbs.
Cured Meats, fresh cheeses, especially Asiago DOC
The vinification begins with the preparation, a few days before the harvest, of the pied de cuvè.
A modest percentage of grapes is harvested, de-stemmed and left in a usually steel barrel, where fermentation begins spontaneously, aided by one or two daily punching down.
After a few days the pied de cuvè is in full fermentation. We then proceed with the harvest of the entire vineyard. The grapes are de-stemmed and fall into the fermentation tanks in vitrified concrete.
The pied de cuvè is added little by little, which also starts the fermentation of the grapes that have just been de-stemmed. The must remains in contact with the skins for 3 days.
We then proceed to the drawing off and pressing of the pomace. The must continues fermentation until it becomes wine.
The wine is then strained and decanted into a steel tank, where it ages for over seven months.
It is then bottled in our cellar.
Winery DEL RÈBENE SSA
street Bertoldi, 25
36020 Zovencedo – Vicenza – Italy
Ph.: +39 328 055 5013
NEWS & EVENTS
- Recensione Slow Food: Di coralli, di pietre e olive. La rinascita dei Colli Berici25 October 2020 - 15:56
- Wine News wines: Review by Riccardo Margheri for Del Rèbene, Veneto Igt Carmenère 20165 August 2020 - 14:52
- Giornale di Vicenza – An all-German Carmenère on the hills of Zovencedo13 April 2020 - 16:05
- Life On The Hill – The olive tree of the hills: on the Berici since the thirteenth century12 January 2020 - 21:23